Terms and Conditions
1. Use of the Site
THE PLATFORM AND ALL SERVICES BY TREATING PROVIDERS VIA THE PLATFORM ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR OTHER MEDICAL CARE YOU MAY NEED.
IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING A MEDICAL EMERGENCY, CALL 911 OR SEEK EMERGENCY MEDICAL HELP.
2. Health Care Services
Each of the Treating Providers who deliver Services through MDExam is an independent health care professional solely responsible for all Services he or she provides to you. MDExam does not practice medicine or any other licensed profession, and does not interfere with the practice of medicine or any other licensed profession by Treating Providers, each of whom is responsible for his or her Services and for compliance with the requirements applicable to his or her profession and license. Neither MDExam nor any third parties who promote the Platform or provide you with a link to the Platform shall be liable for any professional advice or Services you obtain from a Treating Provider via the Platform. USE THE PLATFORM AND ENGAGE IN SERVICES BY TREATING PROVIDERS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
3. Site Content
None of the Site content (other than information you receive from Treating Providers) should be considered medical advice or an endorsement, representation or warranty that any particular medication or treatment is safe, appropriate, or effective for you.
4. Informed Consent
- In rare cases, information transmitted may be insufficient or incomplete (for example, poor resolution of images) to allow for appropriate medical or health care decision-making by the Treating Provider;
- Delays in evaluation or treatment could occur due to failures of the electronic equipment, systems, and technology; and
- Although the electronic equipment, systems, and technology we use incorporates network and software security protocols to protect the privacy and security of health information, in rare instances, such privacy and security protocols could fail, causing a breach of privacy of personal health information.
- You understand that you may expect the anticipated benefits from the use of tele-health in your care, but that no results can be guaranteed or assured.
- You understand that the laws that protect the privacy and security of protected health information apply to tele-health, and you have received MDExam’s Notice of Privacy Practices, which describes these protections in more detail.
- If your health insurance coverage does not include or is not sufficient to satisfy in full the charges for Services via the Platform, you may be fully or partially responsible for payment of any balance of charges.
- Your Treating Provider, in his or her sole discretion, may determine that telehealth services are not appropriate for some or all of your treatment needs, and accordingly may elect not to provide Services to you through the Platform.
- You will select a preferred Treating Provider through this Platform. You understand and agree that your preferred Treating Provider may, in cases when he or she is not available, designate another Treating Provider in his or her practice to provide your evaluation and/or follow-up treatment during such period of unavailability.
6. User Account
7. Use of the Site and the Platform by Minors
8. Use of the Site and the Platform by Healthcare Providers
9. Use of the Site and the Platform by Caregivers
10. Access Rights
11. Fees and Purchase Terms
12. Website Links
13. Ownership of Content and Trademarks
Certain of the names, logos, and other materials displayed on the Site or in the Platform may constitute trademarks, trade names, service marks or logos (“Marks”) of MDExam or other entities. You are not authorized to use any such Marks without the express written permission of MDExam. Ownership of all such Marks and the goodwill associated therewith remains with us or those other entities.
15. Right to modify
16. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THE SITE AND THE PLATFORM IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. BOTH THE SITE AND THE PLATFORM ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. MDExam EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE OR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, TITLE, OPERABILITY, CONDITION, QUIET ENJOYMENT, VALUE, ACCURACY OF DATA AND SYSTEM INTEGRATION.
You acknowledge and agree that MDExam does not provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and is strictly an online technology platform and infrastructure for connecting patients with independent third-party Treating Providers, including physicians and other Treating Providers in the MDExam network. You acknowledge and agree that the Treating Providers using the Platform are solely responsible for and will have complete authority, responsibility, supervision, and control over the provision of all medical services, advice, instructions, treatment decisions, and other professional health care services performed, and that all diagnoses, treatments, procedures, and other professional health care services will be provided and performed exclusively by or under the supervision of Treating Providers, in their sole discretion, as they deem appropriate.
17. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
19. Geographical Restrictions
MDExam devotes considerable effort to optimizing signal strength and diagnosis deficiencies but is not responsible for the internet or data bandwidth and signal of your mobile device.